Skip to content

My little peanut

June 28, 2012

Emily Madison was born Wednesday July 20th at 8:47am. I was exactly 38 weeks pregnant and didn’t realize that when I took last weeks picture for my 38 week bump update, it would be my last.

My water broke that night and she entered our world 8 quick hours later.

She’s a teeny tiny peanut only weighing 5lbs 12 oz and 18” long, but she is perfect! She lost a few ounces of course, but nothing to be worried about. She fits perfectly into preemie clothes of which I had none on hand. Luckily people love to buy baby clothes and the smaller the cuter so one visit from my family and we’re covered for a while.

image

We are all doing really great here. Caring for a newborn is pretty simple. Nursing on the other hand is HARD. Emotionally and physically. But we are getting better at it and am hopeful in a couple more weeks it will begin to feel less like a full time job that I’m under qualified for.

No promises as to when I’ll be back to update for a while. I’m really enjoying living in  my little cave with my new family!

DSC_0004 (2)

About these ads
16 Comments leave one →
  1. June 28, 2012 1:18 am

OMG I have been dying for you to update!!! I was devouring every word of this post, love it! She is absolutely gorgeous and she looks exactly like you (don’t tell Chris I said that).

BFin is so effin hard. My best advice to you is be patient! Like 2 months patient. That’s how long it took me to stop feeling like such a rookie. Then one day, it all came together. It gets better, stick with it moma, even when you are exhausted, haven’t showered in days and are covered in spit up. It will get easier!!!

Lots of love to you and your adorable family!!! Xoxo

2. June 28, 2012 1:23 am

Congrats! She is beautiful! Her features are so well developed even though she is so tiny! Great job mom and dad. Yes, nursing is hard but she will get better at it as she gets stronger!

3. Amy T, Yo! permalink
    June 28, 2012 1:35 am

Congratulations again! She is so sweet and cuddly. Loved the update. Hunker down and don’t feel the need to update until things slow down. So happy for you guys!!!!!

4. June 28, 2012 2:14 am

Breastfeeding is hands down, the hardest part about having a newborn. I can do the sleepless nights, I can do the million diapers, but I agree, its tough. With Kara, her latch was basically non existent, and I had EXTREME guilt about putting her on formula, but I had too. Big hugs girl, just be patient and persistent! Can’t wait to get more updates and see more pictures. Soak every second in. I know you are :)

5. June 28, 2012 2:53 am

Congratulations!! She is so precious. I am so happy for you. Look forward to seeing more pics whenever you get around to it. Enjoy this special time!! :)

6. Kristen permalink
    June 28, 2012 4:02 am

I absolutely love her name!! I am so so happy for you guys. Enjoy your time together as a new family of three! Can’t wait to see more pictures.

7. June 28, 2012 10:19 am

Congratulations Kristen!! So happy for you, she is a cutie :)

8. fancynancy14 permalink
    June 28, 2012 10:42 am

Oh my word Kristen!!!! She’s beautiful!!! Congrats! I felt the same way about nursing…you put it well! Hang in there and have a blast with your beautiful girl!!

9. June 28, 2012 11:07 am

CONGRATS!!! I was stalking you the other day for another bump update and instead you welcomed beautiful Emily into the world :). Enjoy each moment and breastfeeding is tough stuff.

10. June 28, 2012 11:45 am

She’s beautiful and you look so absolutely happy (if you could be happy on a cellular level – that’s how happy you look) in that picture.

I hope the nursing gets a little easier for you…

11. Jess permalink
    June 28, 2012 3:29 pm

I love your little premie peanut! Anders was 4 lbs 11 ounces when he was born. I have all kinds of boy premie clothes I saved but by the time I get them to you (plus she isn’t a boy) she would be bigger than that! She will grow fast and looks PERFECT and BEAUTIFUL! Glad you’re enjoying living in your cave with your wonderful new addition! You’re amazing and beautiful and I wish I was there! You’re going to be a FANTASTIC MOMMY!

12. June 28, 2012 4:42 pm

Congratulations!!!! She’s a beautiful baby, and you look so happy! Enjoy your cave time that you’ve waited so long for, the breast feeding will get easier! xoxo

13. June 28, 2012 7:11 pm

She is so gorgeous! She doesn’t look at all like a preemie, except for the adorable wee-ness! Congratulations on your beautiful Emily. BFing will definitely get easier. The first 10 days are the hardest, I think.

14. June 28, 2012 8:47 pm

Congrats! Yay! So glad everything went well!

15. June 29, 2012 4:00 pm

Congrats!! She is precious! I am so happy for you guys!

16. Alisa permalink
    July 5, 2012 5:28 pm

Beautiful! You both are! Congrats.

I know nothing about the struggles of having a newborn but I’m sure it will all get easier with time.

Keep posting those adorable baby shots please!