37 week bump update
Things are moving pretty quickly here so I thought I’d better jump on and give a quick update before people start wondering what’s going on. Obviously this is not the usual outline I’ve been doing for the weeks past. I missed last weeks and I’m not into it right now so bullets it is.
- Last week I had to deal with a few shit storms that came my way. Nothing health related or too terrible (everything is still going awesome with the pregnancy) just homeownership-not-having-a-husband-around kind of stuff. Things that would have taken him 5 minutes to rectify, but took me much MUCH longer and significantly more energy. I had a couple of rough days but things are looking up again.
- Chris comes home TOMORROW! The best thing about having such a weird lifestyle is every couple of months when we reunite, we get to experience that butterfly excitement you remember when you first started falling in love.
- I am officially full term! I don’t want to jinx myself here but I have a feeling I will not make it to my due date. It would be great if we could have a few days to get some things done (I have a HUGE list for my husband as you can imagine him being gone for the last couple of months) and then a week or so to spend some time together just the two of us before we go live.
- That said, everybody keeps commenting about how small I am. Not body wise small, but belly small. I’m measuring perfectly fine and my midwives are not concerned at all but I met a woman with the same due date and she does look much bigger than me (and she’s overall pretty fit). I am not the type to get wrapped up in comparing myself to others, however, I am currently the most pregnant woman in my prenatal yoga class but am far from having the biggest belly. Not sure if that means this little girl will be smaller than average when she arrives, but also hoping she doesn’t feel the need to stay in for the full 42 weeks to grow.
- Still don’t have a date for my husbands departure after baby girl arrives. He is scheduled for a class in Huston at the beginning of August so obviously it would be ideal to have her with us before the actual due date for maximum family time together. I don’t want to get my mind too wrapped up in it, but there is a sense of time pressure that goes beyond the “uncomfortable ready to be done being pregnant” sentiment you usually hear.
- No bump picture because I’m not sure if Chris will be checking this before I see him tomorrow morning. I want him to see me in person first.
- The nursery is 95% finished. Still waiting on the glider I ordered. I think I mentioned this a while back, but they had some big problem with textile company they work with and it’s taken forever to get upholstered. I ordered it in February or March so almost 6 months ago! Thank God I’m on top of my shit here and I ordered it that early, or else who knows when it would arrive. They agreed to ship it to my house free of charge since they are taking forever to get it over here from NC (they would have charged me $200 freight for home delivery rather than throwing it on a truck amongst a larger order). I’m expecting to hear from them anyway, but wonder if I’ll have it before the baby arrives.
I’m sure there are a ton of other bullets I wanted to hit, but I can’t think of it all right now. I would love to be more regular with my blog reading and posting, but I’m not sure how crazy things are going to be for a while so if it’s even possible – lower your expectations for me. I will update again soon(ish).
ETA: I have no idea why the bullets are stars. That’s dumb. I don’t know how to fix it. Please excuse them.