Skip to content

35 week Bump Update

May 30, 2012

STATS:

How far along: 35 weeks

Size of baby:Coconut (20"”, 5 lb)

Weight gain: .5 lb gain this week (28.5 lb overall)

What I love: Baby dreams.

Worries: Not much. I’ve pretty much decided I’ll insist on people being vaccinated for Pertussis before they come over. It may sound over the top to you, but if your not ‘in the trenches’ then I can understand why most of you felt it was unnecessary. I’ll bring it up at my appointment tomorrow and with the pediatrician when we meet, but so far I believe the risk is too high and the bacteria too prevalent here. There is really no excuse for not getting the vaccination after all the exposure it’s gotten. There are numerous places you can stop by and get it for free.

When you can’t go anywhere without seeing these signs it changes your perspective:

pertusis

For more information about the pertussis epidemic in Washington State click here.

Sleep: Hit and miss

The belly: Large and in charge with a full blown outtie belly button. No stretch marks on my stomach. Boobs – another story.

Best moment of the week: Getting supplies, setting up shop. I really want to show you guys the nursery, but I’m waiting on the glider I ordered (several weeks – maybe even months ago). Apparently, they had a problem with the fabric I ordered and it was backordered. No bother since they don’t deliver (well they do, but it’s like $200 extra) and I wouldn’t be able to get it inside my house without Chris home anyways. A couple more weeks on that then I can do the nursery reveal.

Food cravings: Cottage cheese

Food aversions: none really, just aversion to cooking

Baby’s Movement: I think she dropped this week. I’m not sure if 35 weeks is too early for this kind of thing, but if there is one thing that is consistent in pregnancy, it’s that everybody’s pregnancy is different. I’ve been experiencing some mild cramping over the last few days (nothing to cause me alarm) but my intuition tells me she nuzzling herself down into my pelvis. I have an appointment tomorrow so I’m sure my midwife will confirm my suspicion. And I do believe I can take an (almost) full inhale.

My Movement:

Yoga – Still going strong with my yoga practice. One vinyasa class and one prenatal class a week.

Running – I’m very close to calling it. It’s too hilly here and I’m doing more walking than running. It hardly seems worth it. Plus, I respect and love running too much to try and ‘push through it.’ My last two runs were pretty uncomfortable due to the added pressure (and I didn’t think it could get any worse – HA!) on my bladder and now my colon (which is another reason I think she is dropping).

Swimming – No swimming this week. I wish I was into swimming right now, but I’m just not.

Milestones: 35/35 (35th week, 35 days to go until due date)

Symptoms: GI issues. I used to stress about not pooping before a run, but not pooping before yoga at this point in pregnancy is FAR worse. And that is all I’m going to say on the matter. Also mild cramping and fatigue that reminds me of the 1st trimester. I’ve only been awake for an hour and I’m already exhausted again. 30 minute cat naps are required to get through the day.

Gender: Girl!

What I’m looking forward to: Chris coming home in a two weeks!

What I miss: My husband and all the perks that come along with them while pregnant: foot rubs, meals cooked, runs to the grocery store for cravings or just because I always seem to have forgotten something at the grocery store despite my very organized list and not realize it until I begin to prepare the meal, having somebody around who is just as excited about this pregnancy as you are, general support, etc…you get the idea.

Next appt: tomorrow

Due Date: July 4th

About these ads
10 Comments leave one →
  1. May 30, 2012 6:49 pm

They are extra worried about pertussis here in Colorado too. In fact, they have been encouraging me to get the Tdap booster while I am still pregnant, so that I will start to pass on the antibodies to the baby. I’m not sure how I feel about getting a vaccine while still pregnant, but they tell me it is safe since it isn’t a live virus. Have they offered this to you?

I am officially in my third trimester TODAY! Yay! I understand about the GI issues, I haven’t crapped in two days…..ummmm, I thought I was done with constipation!?!?!

Ooooo, I remember dropping and being able to breathe again with Madison around week 36 and then having her at week 38. They do say that they are full term at 37 weeks. Oh boy, are you ready???

• runforwine permalink*
      May 30, 2012 8:03 pm

Yes, they offered and I took it. Here is my State’s stance on pregnancy and the Tdap booster:

I love that Madison dropped and then you had her two weeks later. I would love to have this little one at 38 or 29 weeks. I’m SO ready!!

• May 30, 2012 10:59 pm

Cool, thanks for the information. I’ll probably go ahead and take the booster, good for me and baby beavis! I’m ready and I still have 13 weeks to go! Haha! Although, they did mention, since I am on daily blood thinner shots and they want to control the “situation”, that they would probably take me at 39 weeks. Yes!

2. May 30, 2012 8:58 pm

I dropped at about 36 weeks, so that’s pretty normal (and then had my guy at 41…but boys are like that – no respect for the lady bits).

I got my booster the day after giving birth – no one even mentioned it as a possibility while still pregnant. I think it odd that we don’t have as much pertussis lit prevalent here since we’re so close to WA & the outbreak there. However, I do work in a hospital, so there are posters EVERYWHERE.

Yay for 35 weeks! The next 5-6 will go so fast!

3. runforwine permalink*
    May 30, 2012 9:23 pm

“but boys are like that – no respect for the lady bits”….lol

I think partly it’s because WA has the most lax laws on child vaccinations (for school) and the highest opt-out rate in the Country. They’re probably trying to change that.

I know, wishful thinking on the early delivery (or at least on time delivery).

4. June 1, 2012 5:21 pm

Love the line “just aversion to cooking.”. LOL. It gets even worse after baby is born.

I can’t believe you’re 35 weeks. Holy guacamole she could be here very soon. Dying to see the nursery pics and hear the name.

I love the Ergo. Maggie likes it sometimes and then other times it seems she gets claustrophobic. She likes being able to look around, but there is a lot of canvas that covers her which can cause her to overheat or feel too constrained. But the good part about that is it takes the load/pressure off your back and it’s very supportive. Heads up: if you decide to use the Ergo when she’s less than 12 lbs you have to buy a separate infant insert.

5. Amy T, yo! permalink
    June 2, 2012 6:55 pm

So excited to see nursery pics. And for Chris to get back. Not long now!!!! I wish I could come keep you comapny. I hope you’re appointment went well! Can’t believe you’re so close bo having a baby girl!!!

6. June 4, 2012 10:50 pm

I CANNOT believe you’re 35 weeks already – I can’t wait to ‘meet’ her!! You’re not too early to ‘drop’, that’s for sure. I don’t blame you for wanting people to be vaccinated, at all – I feel the same way.

Looking forward to the nursery reveal. Gah, i’m getting all antsy for you lady!!!!!!

7. June 7, 2012 1:12 am

Not much time left to go!!!!! So exciting :). I chose to get the pertrussis vaccine while in the hospital and so did my husband. We talk to our ped about non-vaccinated children and its scary. She says that an epidemic is just a plane ride away. My guy also dropped around 35 weeks, made for some more sleepless painful nights.

8. June 7, 2012 1:55 pm

Enjoy your catnaps!! Definitely sleep while you can : )